There are several registered problems for the bounce of the parameter error 0x80070057 in your windows. Here we have accumulated the problems and the feasible solution that helps to the corresponding problem. So, if you’ve this during to these actions get the support and solutions.
Table of Contents
- 1 Complications encountered #1: For Error 0x80070057
- 2 The Solution 1 for the Copy, Move Error 0x80070057
- 3 Solution 2 for Error 0x80070057
- 4 Complication #2: The Error 0x80070057 while trying to back up your files in Win 7
- 5 Solution for this Error 0x80070057
- 6 Manual solution: By changing the decimal settings
Complications encountered #1: For Error 0x80070057
While copying a folder from the network drive the following error occurred and my copying process is interrupted. Error 0x80070057: Parameter is Incorrect.
Actually, this is the second time I got this error message whereas the first I time helped myself through converting into an archive file and successfully transmitted the data. But, I have got that same problem again and tried to move it through archive but it doesn’t work.
Is there any solution for me to move my files from a networked drive and how can I resolve this error problem on my computer.
If someone have any solution please help me.
The Solution 1 for the Copy, Move Error 0x80070057
Though there are many reasons for this copy error 0x80070057, the most obvious one is the disk problem. You can check the disk and fix it depending on your network drive authorization.
If you’re an admin then you can resolve this problem through the steps
1. If you’re in home then try to do a checkdisk including all the disks.
2. Go to run and type cmd.
3. Enter the following as an administrator CHKDSK /R /F and click ENTER.
4. If it is successful then you may suppose to do it each and every drive on your computer. This will clear off all the disk problems on your computer.
5. When a warning like “Can’t do the specified operation” and ask you whether you’d like to do it in your next reboot then you have to Type Y (denotes Yes) and then click Enter.
6. You’ve to reboot your computer and run the CHKDSK operation again.
7. This process might be a little time consuming and keep track of the process to see whether it generates an error during the process.
8. Once the process is complete you can check the results in CHKDSK Logfile with the following steps.
– Go to start and type cmd.exe
– make sure that you run this as a administrator.
Hopefully, this might solve your problem if the error 0x80070057 is due to the disk problem. If this hasn’t solved your problem then you should try the next best. This one is simple then the previous one.
Solution 2 for Error 0x80070057
– Reinstall the Guest Addition Virtual Box and reboot the system.
– Then try moving/ copying the files from the network drive.
– This might help.
If in both cases the end result is same then post a query here, we’ll get back with further assistance.
Complication #2: The Error 0x80070057 while trying to back up your files in Win 7
While trying to back up the files using windows 7 back up on your computer the following error might occur: Error 0x80070057: parameter is incorrect
In such cases you can do the following to resolve this problem and get your backup files through windows 7 backup.
Solution for this Error 0x80070057
Usually there are two methods in which this problem can be resolved. The first one is by doing manually and the other one is by using an automated tool.
Manual solution: By changing the decimal settings
This might be a problem occurred due to the unspecified decimal symbol setting to dot (.).
To change the setting you should follow the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel
- Click the Clock, Language and Region
- Click Region and Language
- Here click on the Formats tab
- In that formats tab Click on Additional Settings.
- There you’ll see a Decimal Symbol field. You’ve to type ‘.’ (dot) in that field.
- Eventually, press OK
- Then you should restart your windows.
Now then, try to make backup of the files using the windows backup. This may resolve your error 0x80070057. In case, if this method hasn’t paid the price then you have to go for automated tools for solutions. As the windows registry key value have to be added.
There is a chance for major problems if you’d try to make some changes in the registry key value in your windows henceforth you’ve to get the help from the windows support to resolve your problem. You can use the Microsoft automated tool to resolve the error 0x80070057.
Watch the video for more assistance.