Do you also want to stand apart from the crowd? And don’t want to follow the traditional push notification practices? Then you’re in the right place. Grab a cup of coffee and stay tuned to our piece until it ends.
It is a fact that push notifications can drive numerous potential consumers if you’re aware of how to do it properly. This has been the case ever since digital platforms became highly commercialized with the advent of smart phones.
But only a few companies have earned huge commercial success from push notifications. Do you know why? It is because they know how to do it perfectly. But there’s no particular skills or special technical knowledge required for the effective use of push notifications. Anyone can do it – even you! That’s why we have designed this piece: to teach you the effective practice of push notifications in reaching the desired result of promoting your brand.
Continue reading for the top five ways to effectively promote your brand using push notifications.
Ways to Promote Your Brand with Push Notification
1. Thoughtful usage
A push notification shouldn’t be considered a simple message. A great thought process is always required to generate a captivating notification. Something which catches the attention of the reader is more likely to lead them to reading it and responding accordingly.
The following are some guidelines on how to draw a user’s attention effectively:
- Always offer an easy way to opt-out from the updates.
- You should always let your customers know what kind of push notifications to expect, how often they’ll come, and why you’re contacting them.
- Creating a content calendar is a great idea to ensure worthy push-promotions and branding. Moreover, always use the notifications with well-planned marketing campaigns.
- Schedule your sending time according to user’s preferences. That is, send push notifications only when the user is available to hear from you. Avoid early mornings and late evenings.
- Personalize the messages by using his or her name. It helps to make your messages become more approachable.
2. Know when you shouldn’t use them
Push notifications are a powerful tool, but its disruptive nature usually interrupts the users during their normal activities such as eating, working, and socializing. Its unwanted potential can also annoy and irritate the customers if you’re not careful.
You should never send the following type of content:
- Never notify about an ordinary update that doesn’t hold any urgent importance.
- You shouldn’t take advantage of your user base to simply send blatant advertisements. Users are subscribed to you for useful content, not to be victims of forced advertising.
- Don’t send any updates regarding simple tease blog posts or company updates if you’ve already updated it in the newsletter or on social media.
3. Know when you should use them
You might have so many creative ideas to promote, to build excitement and spark engagement. Knowing when to use a push notifications for this can have a huge impact on whether your company’s notifications are seen as a welcome distraction or an unwanted irritant.
- Always send a push notification that offers unique and time-sensitive information. The biggest example of this is a flash sale. Many big companies use short-term, hugely discounted prices to produce higher conversion rates among their customers.
- Make your user feel special by offering them early access to sales, service or any special content. You can also pair it with special saving coupons that will draw the user’s loyalty and interaction towards your brand.
- Personal updates regarding the shipment of their ordered products are one of the most effective ways to promote your brand. A consumer always wants to know about shipping updates: where is my parcel, and how much time it will take to reach me? Giving this information clearly and concisely will increase your user’s trust for the brand.
- In the case of webinars or video chats, a notification sent a few minutes before kick-off can draw a huge audience. That’s more people looking at and watching your brand.
4. Measure and analyze them closely
The most important formula to succeed is to follow the basic communication model; that is, understanding the people who give you money. Track your customers to find out what is encouraging and engaging for them. The following insights are always good to know about your users:
- When does a user respond?
- What updates actually inspire purchases?
- When do updates result in site visits?
- How long do your users stay on your site for?
- When and why do people unsubscribe?
- What time of day is best for a push notification?
By watching the above analytics closely you can plan your upcoming messaging format to receive more responses and engagement. Also, customer feedback is vital. It should be top of your list of priorities. If you get any personal message from any of your subscribers then work on it seriously, because it can help you to increase and maintain goodwill among your users. This way, you can turn your product into a big brand.
5. Offer value, not just information
You should understand that successful push notification campaigns demand plenty of time and care to implement. Thus, you should always come up with new ideas and campaigns that can offer value to your subscribers.
You should immediately stop irritating your users by sending disruptive and annoying messages. Go for generic messages with the right timing and a quick and easy way to opt-out. Make your messages mobile-friendly: more than half of the world’s population now has a smart phone. You should work on android push notification services, not just iPhone ones, to further increase your clientele.
Having a great number of conversions and striking user’s emotions are directly proportional to each other. If you are able to understand your users’ or subscribers’ psychologies, then you can create effective push notification campaigns. Moreover, offering value through special offers, early access, and time-sensitive deals are the most celebrated tactics to promote your brand through push notification services.
We hope that our piece helped you to find some effective ways of promoting your brand through push notification services. Don’t forget to share your feedback in the comment box.