So last night you were out with your partner, and you had a hookup that left a passionate mark on you. I’m sure that’s something you’re worried about. Here are some simple and easy ways to get rid of a hickey quickly, and to avoid getting one in the future.
How To Get Rid Of A Hickey Fast?
1. Cold Method
The first way to get rid of a hickey is the cold method. The cold method should be used as soon as you get a hickey. A hickey is nothing more than a blood clot under the skin with a bright red spot. By making the affected area cold, excessive blood flow can be reduced.
- Wrap an ice cube in a paper towel, press it down and move it slowly over the affected area.
- Continue for 20 minutes and then remove the ice for another 20 minutes. Repeat this as much as you can for the first day.
- The use of a frozen spoon is a common replacement for the home-made ice pack. Rub the frozen spoon over the hickey until the spoon is no longer cold. Put the spoon back in the freezer and continue with another frozen spoon.
Note: Do not use the ice cube directly on your skin. Always make a layer between the ice and your skin.
By massaging the affected area, the coagulated blood vessels will dissipate, which will cause the reddened skin to fade. However, the outline of the hickey may remain depending on the severity. Perform a five-minute massage at regular intervals and you will notice that the hickey disappears.
3. Toothbrush or Comb
Take a soft toothbrush and gently swipe the hickey from inside to outside to generate the blood flow again. You can also use a comb, in the same way, to massage the hickey to disperse the clotted blood. Be sure not to pierce the skin.
4. Hot Method
- Place a hot water pack or warm compress over the hickey for up to 15 minutes.
- You can also use a towel soaked in hot water and place it on the area of skin affected. Make sure the towel is not too hot.
Note: Do not use this hot method within 48 hours of receiving a hickey. The broken capillaries may not have healed completely and can lead to a larger hickey!
5. Coin Method
Although it is painful, this method will help you get rid of your hickey. But be careful not to make the hickey much worse than before.
- Before starting the procedure, stretch the hickey area flat with two fingers.
- Now try to remove the hickey by gently scraping it with the edge of the coin. In this method, the clotted blood is broken up and pushed around, so that the hickey becomes less dense and less dark, making it easier for your skin to absorb.
- Make sure that you are scraping from the center to the outside.
- Your skin may turn red after scraping, but will go away within minutes, and the hickey too!
6. Vitamin K
Take a vitamin K cream or liquid, which you can get at the local pharmacy, and rub the spot several times a day. This is a slower method, but it will help you get rid of the hickey more naturally.
7. Hot Rag
I apply this straight after the frozen spoon method to get rid of the hickey immediately. You can use this if you have a microwaveable blanket, or you can dip a cloth in hot water, rinse it off and apply it to the hickey. Be careful not to hurt and aggravate the hickey!
8. Tuna Oil
Take a can of tuna and oil and apply a layer of it to the hickey. Leave it to stand for 10 minutes and then heat it with a hairdryer for about 5 minutes. Clean everything and the hickey should disappear before your eyes! This method helps you to get rid of a hickey as quickly as possible.
9. Peppermint / Mint Toothpaste
Peppermint or mint oil-based lotions and even mint toothpaste can increase blood circulation, which in turn helps to get rid of the hickey quickly. If you can’t find peppermint toothpaste, you can use peppermint lotion, spearmint oil or peppermint oil instead.
Apply a coating to the hickey spot and it will start to tingle. As soon as the tingling stops, clean the toothpaste with a damp, warm cloth.
Note: Do not overdo this method as it may cause local irritation. This method is best suited to increase blood circulation and dissolve the clot.
10. Green Eyeshadow
Green and red colors balance each other out and lead to a brown or light brown appearance. A very light layer of green eyeshadow should be applied in the middle of the hickey and massaged outwards until the redness is less visible. Then a thin layer of concealer can easily hide the hickey from view. This is one of the best ways to get rid of the hickey immediately.
Well, if the hickey still appears after all these attempts, you’ll have to hide it with a scarf or a turtleneck sweater.
11. Preventing Hickeys in the Future
Even though some people like to reveal their hickeys, this can often lead to problems. You can prevent hickeys by making sure that the game is not so aggressive, or you can place the hickeys in an easily concealed spot if you like. This will not only save you headaches from all the questions and curious looks from friends and family, but maybe even money if you do not have the necessary equipment to hide a hickey!
This is it, folks! I hope you got some useful information on how to get rid of a hickey quickly. Don’t forget to leave a comment.