If you are looking for a top wireless Internet connection for your laptop, you have come to the right place. Usually, there are two types of modern wireless Internet offered by the providers. The most common wireless internet for laptops is Wi-Fi, which is connected via a built-in chip on the motherboard. However, the second option, a wireless Internet data card for laptops, is only used by a small community of people.
An Internet Data Card is connected to the laptop via the USB port. This connection also allows you to connect your laptop to a 2G, 3G, and 4G network. Usually, these data connections are compatible with Mac, Windows, and some of the Linux computers.
Top Wireless Internet Connection Types
In recent years, the speed and reliability of Internet connections have changed dramatically. With the increase in download speed, users now have a variety of ways to connect to the Internet using a wireless device. The vast majority of these are dominated by mobile-cellular networks. Recently, ownership of the 3G network has increased and people are migrating to the 4G network to make better use of the Internet via a wireless Internet connection.
- The 3G cellular network is capable of downloading at a rate of 350 KB/per second.
- This is a quarter of the speed offered by DSL broadband.
- A DSL broadband network can download at a rate of 1.2 to 1.4 MB per second.
- When using the 4G mobile Internet connection with LTE standards, the download rate can reach 14 to 24 MB/ per second.
Note: For laptops, it is important to know the hover range rather than the speed of the wireless Internet. Because laptops are portable and can be taken anywhere, it’s important to know if your Wi-Fi connection could have a greater range.
Different ways to connect your laptop with wireless internet connection
For laptops, there are many ways to establish a wireless Internet connection. Below are some ways to connect your laptop using different connection modes.
As mentioned earlier, Wi-Fi hotspots are one of the easiest ways to access the wireless Internet connection for laptops. All you need is the password if the connection is secure. Find a Wi-Fi hotspot and connect your laptop to wireless communications. With a Wi-Fi connection, accessing the Internet is super easy.
Using Your Mobile Phone
Although this is one of the best media to connect the laptop to a wireless connection, it also has some additional problems. You will need to pay your service provider separately for Internet access. Both 3G and 4G networks are expensive, and you’ll have to spend a few dollars to use this connection to synchronize with your laptop.
Using An Internet Café
This is a fast-medium that allows you to access your files over the web. All you need to do is connect your laptop to embedded Wi-Fi. When you turn on Wi-Fi from an Internet cafe, you can access anything you want. Internet cafes are among the cheapest Internet providers because they’ll benefit from you.
Wireless Internet Connection Pricing
- So, as you choose the price plan for your wireless connection for laptop, the first thing you need to consider is the pattern in which you want to use it: either partially or completely.
- Choose a plan that best suits you. Be aware that adding a wireless connection to your laptop from your mobile phone will add to the cost of the data plan you have to pay for your tablet or smartphone.
- Service providers have started to offer some interesting deals for users, some of them charging for time use instead of byte use.
- In addition, many service providers have started to offer unlimited plans based on fixed fees.
- Several carrier providers offer data tariffs for wireless connections at a price of $15 to $30 per month.
- Plan pricing is based on the service bundle and the speed of the data connection.
- Typically, such plans are paid monthly, and even if you don’t use the device, you must pay for the monthly subscription.
- Note that you cannot request a refund if you have not used the data connection for a month.
Wireless Internet Connection Set Up
- If you are looking for a wireless data connection, you should choose the pattern in which you will pay for the connection.
- For a Wi-Fi connection, you’ll need a router box to plug in the cable to connect to your PC and use the Wi-Fi range to connect to your laptop.
- For wireless data connection devices, there are a wide variety of devices that you can easily find on the Internet.
- You can use a LAN card to connect your device to the Internet.
- As mentioned above, USB data cards are another way to connect your laptop to the Internet.