Online tutoring apps are rapidly gaining customers in Tier II and Tier III regions, as well as earning vast success in urban cities. This was not always the case; when they were first introduced onto the market, potential students were unsure if they could offer as much value as a face-to-face lesson. However, over time, they have gained trust and popularity among students and parents worldwide, thanks to their flexibility and value for money. Such apps benefit not only students but also well-qualified tutors as well. Here are some more reasons why online learning apps are the future:
Disadvantages Of Local Tuition Center
- Local tuition centers still exist in some areas, and they function more like additional after-school help for the weaker students. These centers can often be far more expensive than online tuition, because tied up within the fee are the overhead costs and travel expenses for the tutor to the classroom and back.
- On the subject of travel, getting to the tuition center can be a costly affair for the student as well, especially if it’s some distance from their home.
- In a group class, students won’t have the benefit of one-on-one attention from the teacher.
- There’s no room for creativity. Students will likely follow a textbook, and the teacher will expect them to do tasks from that textbook. It’s dull and boring: lather, rinse, repeat.
- Choosing your tutor based on their qualifications is not possible in a local tuition center; you get what you’re given. In some cases, you may not even be able to find out what their credentials are.
- They go at one pace. The teacher will mentor the students at a moderate speed and will not slow down if an individual student is struggling. Thus, for a slow learner, this kind of environment can add further stress.
- There are many distractions. External noises, peer interactions and conversations between staff can all make it difficult for an individual student to focus on his or her work.
- There’s no flexibility in terms of schedules. The classes take place at a fixed time every week, and if a student is absent, they must catch up in their own time.
Advantages Of Online Tutor Apps
- Online Tutor Apps have the option to customize the learning method to the individual. Some students might be slow learners; other may require special educational support. Online apps can curate a list of tutors that fit the needs of the student, and tutors will teach at a pace that the students are comfortable with.
- One-one interaction is one of the main advantages of online tutor apps. One-on-one lessons help the child to concentrate on the course material with zero distractions. It also opens the door for a positive teacher-student relationship.
- Exciting material which is either created by the tutor or procured from various white papers or research material relevant to the subjects can provide a different angle when understanding the concept.
- The whole teaching process revolves around the student’s understanding of the material. If a student struggles with a certain concept, the tutor will refrain from proceeding to the next topic until the student understands the concept thoroughly.
- It saves commuting time and money, and also saves the energy of the student after a long day at school.
- Online tutoring also helps when completing the tough assignments and homework. Tutors can guide the students towards different ideas when completing tricky school tasks without giving them all the answers, allowing the student to fully explore the potential of their own minds.
- Additional resources are shared with the students by the tutor to gain a more rounded knowledge about the subject.
Thus, find a tutor app according to your preference and enroll to get the many benefits of online tutoring applications.