If you are ready to be amazed by the biggest pop music band in the world then you have come to the right place. One Direction is at the forefront of the competition when it comes to delivering heart-stopping albums to the music world.
- In 2010, after the band won third place in the seventh series of the British singing competition “The X Factor”, they signed with the record company Syco Records.
2. The band is composed of exceptional talents Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne. Until 25 March 2015, Zayn Malik was also part of the team.
3. Social media platforms were the leverages of the band’s popularity around the world. Up All Night (2011), Midnight Memories (2013), Four (2014) and Take Me Home (2012) are their biggest albums to date.
4. The band has charted in countries all around the world with songs such as “Live While We’re Young”, “What Makes You Beautiful”, “Night Changes” and “Story of My Life”.
5. The band has received numerous awards, including the MTV Video Music Awards, Brit Awards, 11 MTV Europe Music Awards, 19 Teen Choice Awards, and many more.
6. According to estimates by Nick Gatfield (CEO of Sony Music, UK), the band was worth about 50 million dollars at the end of June 2012. In the same year, they were recognized by Billboard as the “Top New Artist”.
7. The total assets of individuals in one direction amounts to 25 million pounds (41.2 million dollars), as claimed by the Sunday Times Rich List in 2013. This put the band in second place among the most affluent musicians in the 30-year-old age group in the UK.
8. Forbes Magazine stated that the band’s individuals are the highest-earning celebrities under 30. The gross income of the group was about 75 million dollars between June 2013 and 2014.
9. One Direction was awarded the title “Artist of the Year” by the Billboard in 2014.
10. Torn (the acoustic version) was the song selected by the band for qualifying in the judges’ houses.