cost to spay a cat
I love to read fictions; one of my favorites is “Cat in The Hat” by Dr. Seuss. The reason I can’t stop loving it because, the story has a giant, adorable and naughty cat in it. This book made me a cat lover, and care about the pets more!
Since, I am an owner of two kittens (Molly & Polly) and a dog, I love my pets wholeheartedly even though they make miserable my house. At most of the times we humans could see only the happiness or playfulness in pets, at the same time we are blind to see their pain often. So, how do you know about if they feel pain in both physical and psychological, which they can’t express through voice? Yes, all pet problems have a breaking point at some point, that is where we can find some unnatural behavior in them.
The problems can affect your cats, sometimes can affect you too. For example, altering the cat’s reproduction process is a wise choice for every pet owner and the healthy life of the cat. There are so many advantages than the disadvantages in this surgery.
Before you judge why this surgery is a wise choice for your pet; as a pet owner, I would suggest you to continue reading this article for the sake of your pet’s healthy life. Because at the end of this article, you will find answers for the complex questions like, why do you need this surgery? How much does it cost to neuter or spay a cat? So, I have done this research so cautiously, since your pet’s life depending on it and brought you the answer as simple as possible.
What is Neutering and Spaying?
Neutering is generally termed for both male and female cats. The reason for this surgery is to stop the animal reproducing and its cost varies based on the location you live in.
Neutering is defined as removal of reproductive parts in male cat. Veterinarian removes both the testicles by incision in the scrotum and the cost of neutering is depending on the breed, age and weight of the cat.
Spaying (ovariohysterectomy) is defined as removal of ovaries, fallopian tube and uterus in female cat. Cost of spaying is based on the breed, age and weight of the cat.
You may ask, why should I have to pay and prevent my cat’s pregnancy? What might go wrong I didn’t do this surgery? Yes, we would love to have a cute little kitten in your house, but what if they may be more than one or ten.
Damn, that’s hell lot of responsibility isn’t? No need to worry, here you will have some of the important medical proofs that will prove why does your cat need neuter or spay surgery once in their life time.
When Is The Right Time To Do This Procedure?
Well, this is a frequently asked question from all the pet owners which they wanted to ask the veterinarian before deciding neuter or spay. For any successful vet surgery depending on the age, weight and breed of an animal. So, It is advisable to do this surgery at the younger age (six – seven) of a cat. Some people wait for their cat to be old enough to have their first heat. But In the course of heating process, the blood flow to the uterus will be high and which would make surgery more costly.
If the high blood flow continues, then it can lead to pyometra and another reason is that, if the owner decided to push aside the surgery for more than one year without ever mating.
As per the research by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA),
- The right time to neuter or spay a cat at their young age.
- Neutering or spaying is all depending on the type of breed, physical wellness of the cat.
Benefits of Neutering or Spaying at Young Age
- Recovery time is very quick
- As per ASPCA research studies, no side-effects or ill effects of neutering r spaying at earlier stage
- Short period of pain
- Post-surgery care recovery (anesthesia) is short
- Very low cost
What Are All The Benefits You and your Cat Can Get by Neutering or Spaying
It is obvious to think about the necessity of this surgery when everything good with your pet. In recent study by ASPCA explains, a neutered or spayed animal lives longer than those are not altered. Here is the few medicinal reasons which will prove you that neutering or spaying is good for a cat.
- The importance of this surgery is to stop the over reproducing or heating at normal days.
- Prevents your cat escaping from the house to wandering outside searching for a mate.
- As per medical research, the neutered or spayed cats are well behaved than the unneutered cats which can smell your environment by urine spray and expose aggression over people.
- Commonly we all love the chubby pets, at the same time too much fatness would make a cat become lazy and uninterested. Neutering or spaying will keep your cat healthy and trim for long period of time.
- There are 50% cats having uterine infections and breast and testicular cancer on their early stage of life, the surgery could save from those fallout’s.
- It can save you the cost of destroying your neighborhood stray.
- Prevent the cause of road accidents by wandering outside of the house, any threatening behaviors, spreading of infectious disease.
- Reduce the overpopulation by stopping the unwanted pregnancies. In case you are not aware, many unaltered male cat can father hundreds of kittens per year.
- Live longer and healthier life than usual.
- This can save the cat from the putting death at shelters.
I hope these medical evident enough to change your perception about this surgery from negative to positive.