After tasting the pizza in the nearest pizzeria, you may have whispered “wow!” or “yummy!” and then try to take this taste sensation and add it to your weekly meal plan at home. But what is the best way to prepare a pizza at home? Raw ingredients are important, of course, but the technique is also a key part in the process. Below, then, we’ll talk about everything you need to make a killer pizza in the comfort of your own home, for half the price of a pizza from a restaurant. What are you waiting for?
First off, you’ll need to find the best recipe. Then, stick to it. Following the instructions is crucial to making the perfect pizza. Generally speaking, you’ll need 30-60 minutes to prepare the pizza for the oven. While learning how to do this, it’s also useful to learn how to make your own pizza sauce from scratch. Add a flourish of Italian herbs for some extra flavor once you’re done. Normally you will need about 30 to 60 minutes to prepare the pizza. As you learn this process, you can also learn how to prepare the pizza sauce. The addition of Italian herbs makes the pizza tastier. And if you roll the pizza a little thinner, you can enjoy the crispy crust on the outside alongside the flavor-packed pizza on the inside.
The Making Of Vegetarian Pizza At Home
Pizza Base Essentials:
- Plain flour (maida) – 2 1/2 cups
- Instant dry yeast – 2 teaspoons
- Olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1 teaspoon or 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- Italian seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon or dried herbs such as rosemary, oregano or basil
- Water – 1 cup, lukewarm
- Semolina or Cornmeal – a few teaspoons
Pizza Sauce Requirements:
- Onion – 1 to 2 finely chopped pieces
- Garlic – 3 cloves that are finely minced
- Tomatoes – 2 large-sized ripened tomatoes that are thinly chopped
- Tomato puree – 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes – large pinch
- Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried basil – 1/4 teaspoon, or a few small, fresh basil leaves
- Salt – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- Bell peppers – 1 large, finely sliced
- Fresh basil leaves – to taste
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup, grated
- Parmesan cheese – 4 teaspoons (optional)
- any additional toppings you want to add
How To Craft Pizza From Dough To Dinner Table
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius for at least 30 minutes.
- Take a wide bowl and add the maida/flour, dried herbs, salt, honey or sugar, olive oil, and yeast. Stir until fully mixed.
- Add the lukewarm water slowly until the mixture becomes a dough.
- Knead the dough gently for 5-6 minutes until smooth.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm, and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a smooth surface, and make two equal portions of the dough, placing them separately in plastic wraps for 5 minutes.
- Grease your baking tray with olive oil, and sprinkle it liberally with semolina or cornflour. This helps to maintain crunchiness while preventing the dough from sticking to the tray.
- Roll the dough as flat and smooth as possible. Make sure the edges stay tough and thick while maintaining an even spread over the inner part of the dough. Place the dough onto your baking tray.
- Add a thin, even layer of olive oil to the pizza base, then add the pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella evenly on top of the oil and sauce.
- Put the remaining toppings on the top. Feel free to add another layer of cheese (parmesan, perhaps) thereafter.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes, or until the crusts turn golden brown. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
How To Make The Perfect Pizza Sauce
- Oil a pan lightly and heat.
- Add the diced herbs (onions, garlic, oregano, basil) and fry for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat, but continue to simmer the herb mix for roughly 20 minutes, while adding the tomato puree, red chili flakes, black pepper, and salt.
- Stir until a sauce-like paste is created.