Picture this: you’ve taken a series of beautiful photos throughout your day and want to share your photos with the people you care about. You open Instagram, and you’re hit with the message: Instagram doesn’t have photo access.
Listen, we get it. This is incredibly frustrating and a huge pain in the neck! Thankfully, we’re here with some quick and simple solutions to help you solve this problem. The solution we have is simple and easy to follow, especially if navigating the app’s settings is something you find confusing.
Let’s dive right in.
When Does Instagram Ask For The Permission To Access Photos?
Instagram usually asks for permission to access your photos when you first set up your account or if you’ve installed the app on a new device. If you’ve never used Instagram before, the number of times that the app asks for permission might surprise you!
It’s worth noting that Instagram sometimes asks for permission to access your photos if you’ve accidentally clicked on the option saying “Don’t allow” in the past. Additionally, you may have changed some settings by mistake or without realizing it, which is why Instagram asks for permission.
How To Allow Instagram To Access Photos
Allowing Instagram access to your photos is easy. All you need to do is go to the settings app on your Android phone and go to the option that says Apps. Scroll until you locate Instagram, and click on the Permissions button. Next, click on the option in front of the photos and make sure that you switch it On.
Now, let’s take a closer look at how to allow Instagram to access your photos on different devices.
Enabling Instagram access on your Android device is pretty simple and only requires a few steps. Here’s how you do it:
- First, go to the Settings app on your phone. If you aren’t sure what it looks like, it is the image of gear on a grey background.
- Open Settings and scroll down to find the option that says Apps.
- Once you locate the Apps option, open it.
- Scroll down, locate the option that says Instagram, and click on it.
- Next, click on the option that says Permissions.
- You should see two options that say Allowed and Access.
- Have a look to see if the Camera or Photo option has been marked as denied.
- If it has, tap on Photos, and change the option from Deny to Allow.
- Just like that, you’re all set!
Enabling Instagram on an iPhone or iPad is slightly different, but a simple process nonetheless. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down until you see the Instagram option in the settings menu.
- Click on it, and you’ll see a list with various options.
- At the top of the list, you’ll see a sentence that says ‘Allow Instagram to Access.’
- Click on the option that says Photos.
- Next, click on the option that says All Photos.
- You’ve allowed Instagram to gain access to your photos!
Update the App
Sometimes, the simplest option is usually the one that helps the most! If you find that going to your settings and adjusting them isn’t working, then the next best option is to update Instagram to the latest version of the app. Some bugs might prevent the app from accessing your photos, so updating it should help fix the problem.
To update the app on your phone, follow these steps:
- Go to the App store.
- Search for Instagram.
- Click on the option that says Update under it.
- Wait for it to update, and then use the app as you normally would!
Uninstall and then reinstall Instagram
If the options above still haven’t worked, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling Instagram on your phone. While this process might be slightly time-consuming, it can definitely help you give Instagram access to your photos!
Is it safe to allow Instagram access to photos?
Why can’t I enable photo access on Instagram?
If you cannot enable photo access on Instagram, there’s a good chance that you might not have given the app permission to gain access to your photographs. Alternatively, you might be facing a problem with the app itself, which could be facing a technical glitch. To remedy this problem, you could simply uninstall Instagram and then reinstall it. Once you’ve reinstalled the app, you can adjust the settings and allow Instagram to gain access to your photos and camera.
In this article, we walked you through a quick tutorial on how to allow Instagram to gain access to your photos. It can be so frustrating to want to share some pictures with family and friends, only to discover that you can’t! Thankfully, as you’ve learned by now, doing so is pretty simple and taken less than five minutes to complete. The next time you face this problem, don’t worry! Just go through the steps mentioned above, and you’ll be good to go without any hassle or worry.
Also Read – Effective Ways to Increase Free Instagram Followers and Likes