2022 is getting harsh on us. Multiple military conflicts are developing right in front of us. High-power politicians make large-scale decisions that small people have to deal with the fear of war. In such conditions, it is so easy to feel helpless, insecure, and stressed. A prolonged state of being under stress and fear can lead to severe consequences, including panic attacks and war anxiety. Read this article to figure out what’s your mind going through and how to cope with this state.
Why Do We Get Panic Attacks?
Panic attacks are a state of a spontaneous and severe episode of intense fear that triggers a tough physical reaction. The panic experienced at such moments may be terrifying. When panic attacks strike, you may believe you are blacking out, suffering a heart attack, or even dying. Severe stress and changes in the environment can cause panic attacks. Some medical conditions may contribute to panic attacks higher occurrence:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Hyperthyroidism is a kind of thyroid disorder
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Misuse or withdrawal from drugs
Also, here are some common symptoms to understand that you are experiencing panic attacks:
- Irregular heartbeats
- Dry mouth
- Shortness of breath
If you diagnosed the sign of attack, then the good news is that you took the first step toward improvement.
What Is The Difference Between Panic And Anxiety Attack?
Panic and anxiety war episodes both result in a racing heart, short breathing, and a general feeling of stress. They do, however, differ in intensity and cause. Panic attacks are often more powerful and can occur with or without a trigger. Yet, anxiety attacks are triggered by a sudden threat.
How to Handle Worry?
Here is a short instruction for immediate reaction whenever you get an attack:
- Breathe in. Breathe through your nostrils slowly, deeply. Also, try to learn some breathing technics
- Breathe out through your lips. Again, exhale as slowly and deeply as you can
- Count from one to five while breathing
- Focus on your lungs and nothing else
In order to cure panic attacks fundamentally, you should try the following:
- Exercise more
- Ensure proper intake of vital nutrients through oral supplementations or IV Therapy administration.
- Reduce sugar consumption to avoid glucose spikes
- Caffeine, smoking, and alcohol should be avoided
- Turn to a doctor for help
Also, in case of war anxiety, try to escape from reading social media news and watching TV. Accept the fact that there is nothing major you can do. Yet, contact your friend from countries that have war or donate some money to the refugee. It will make you feel psychologically better.