Some of us don’t really fit into that cubicle; it limits our perspective. A 9-5 desk job just isn’t what we’ll ever be tempted to do. The joy of defining our own work dimensions means much more to us than the concept of job security. Here are some signs that you will definitely relate to if you are a person for whom a monotonous job cannot do justice.
- It is important for you to be able to decide when to start a task and when to finish it.
2. You can’t spend about 8 hours a day glued to a seat. You feel like your productivity is slaughtered on the office chair.
3. You are eager to explore the world out there and get creative ideas instead of being locked up like a pet in a glass box.
4. Dress code applies to prisoners and school children. You are much too comfortable in your jeans.
5. You cannot tolerate people around you who hate every bit of their work. You can work faster when you are with people who love what they do.
6. The computer screen is too small to express your ideas and creativity. You need something like a giant screen or a wall for yourself.
7. You are always looking at the clock, desperate for it to reach 5 o’clock so that you can rush out of the closed room and do what makes you happy.
8. Your heart wants to float in a vivid sky but your eyes are forced to focus on a screen.
9. You have the feeling that the straightforward and unemotional atmosphere of the office kills the liveliness in you.
10. You want to stand out and not be part of the herd.
11. For you, creating is an important task, and you cannot bear the thought of working for someone who does not take note of your work.
12. When you take on a task, you want it to be perfect, and you want to get it done on your terms.
13. You cannot tolerate the hypocrisy of your seniors, who force you to do things according to a set pattern and by a perfect set of rules. Meh!
14. You see places, people, and events from a different perspective. Sometimes you even get into disputes with your colleagues or higher authorities to assert the validity of your thoughts.
15. For you, satisfaction is success, not adding numbers to your pay slip.
16. You want to take different adventures in life and use these experiences for your task.
17. You want a job that makes you look forward to Monday morning.
18. You are described by your colleagues as “out of the box” or “in your own world”.
19. You are sociable and not afraid to take risks in your career.
20. ‘Goal’ is just a word for you, while “dream” is what you live for.