If you want to merge multiple documents into a single file and share it on different platforms, you need a format that can contain multiple documents, such as Excel, JPG, Word documents, or PPT presentations, in a manner that is independent of operating systems and applications. I think you will probably soon discover that the solution is the PDF format. But how to combine multiple PDF files into a single one is a good question.
Why might someone need to merge PDF files into one?
Photo Credits: github.com
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a computer file format which can be used to combine several file types into one single, compact file format. In this way, you can merge individual useful data and combine them into a single file. You can even share these combined PDF documents with physically remote people. While merging the PDF files into a single one, the original formatting of the file is not affected. In other words, you can create a new, fresh document with fonts and other thematic components untouched and integrated. In today’s world, people need to create and prepare documents on different topics quickly and efficiently. The combinability of the PDF document format saves time in creating a single, compact document from multiple PDF files.
How to combine PDF files into one using ‘Adobe Acrobat’?
To merge PDF files into one using Adobe Acrobat, follow the simple steps below:
- Open your “Adobe Acrobat” program file.
- Go to “File” -> “Create” -> “Combine Files into a Single PDF”.
- Now click on the “Add Files” option and select each file you want to merge into a single PDF file.
- After adding the required files, you can arrange them up in any order using the “Move Up” and “Move Down” button.
- Once you have put them in order, click the “Combine Files” button.
- Within a few seconds, all the chosen files will be merged into a single PDF file. Now you have to save this new PDF document in your preferred location on your PC.
- Choose “File” -> “Save As”, to save this new PDF file at any location you want with a new name.
- Once when the process is done, close the document.
How to split a large PDF file using ‘Adobe Acrobat’?
Now that you’ve learned how to merge PDF files into one, you may also want to know how to split large PDF files. To split a large PDF file using Adobe Acrobat, follow the simple steps below:
- Start the “Adobe Acrobat” program file.
- Choose “File” -> “Open”, and then select the PDF document you need to split up.
- Verify the file size by changing the “View Menu” to “Details”.
- Open the chosen PDF file.
- From the “Menu” tab, go to “Documents” -> “Pages” -> “Extract”.
- A pop-up “Extract Pages” will show up.
- Now enter the respective page numbers that you wish to extract from the document. (e.g. “From” 18 “To” 30). The given pages will be extracted.
- Make sure that the checkbox “Delete Pages After Extracting” is not selected. If the box is selected the pages will get deleted automatically when the extraction is done.
- Now click “OK”.
- The extracted pages from the document will be opened in a new separate window. Now you have to save this new PDF document.
- Now choose “File” -> “Save As”. Save this new file in any location you choose with a new name.
- Once you’re done with the process, close the document.
Merge PDF files into one using Online Tools
Below are some of the best online PDF converters available on the Internet: