Every day there are more and more online platforms for raising money, open to all NGOs or social enterprises that need to ask for donations or raise money for charity to finance their social intervention projects. There are so many that it is sometimes difficult to establish an order or hierarchy to decide which of them to use and which not to use.
If you want to enter the world of online fundraising, these are some terms you need to know:
- Crowdfunding: a collective funding process in which a group of people collectively collect a sum of money to fund a project
- Fundraiser: the person responsible for raising funds for a cause or initiative.
There are various crowd funding models:
- Reward: is a method of collection where the donor receives a reward in return, which may consist of a gadget or public recognition
- Donation: a form of fundraising used by non-profit organizations to finance charitable initiatives
- Lending: In this case, microcredits to individuals or companies for the implementation of a project.
- Equity: in exchange for the money paid for, the lender can become a full member of the company
- Civic: Refers to a fundraising campaign organized by the city administration for the realization of public works and the improvement of collective spaces.
- Hybrid: Refers to a collection that is simultaneously based on more than the models listed above.
Fundraising has its origins in the activities of non-profit organizations; organizations that have the obligation not to allocate their profits to shareholders, but to reinvest them in the development of their social purpose. At present, fundraising is also practiced by public institutions and services.
Here are some online fundraising websites that use social networking sites and a large number of users on the Internet to help projects run by non-profit organizations.
Here’s How Charities Can Raise Money Through Online Platforms
- Funditaly – Funditaly is the first collaborative crowd financing platform. Their goal is a renewed and heartfelt collaboration between people, developing a new way of supporting common causes through the Internet. Through modern mass financing, they want to support young dreamers, tenacious adults, associations and bodies that are always on the move. They do this thanks to the contribution of many donors who can look beyond the individual project, and who also make small sums available for everyone, because only together can we redeem ourselves and hope for a better future.
- Eppela – The most important Italian platform for crowdfunding, reward-based for creative people, start-ups, or just curious people. Share an idea, make it a crowdfunding project and give it great visibility so that it can be financed: This is Eppela, a meeting place between those who want to create their own “business” and community support.
- Gift Network – Supporters of an ONP can make a contribution by opening a donation page, inviting their friends to donate, or making a donation to the cause they believe in.
- Starteed – Starteed is a mass enterprise that develops solutions in the crowdfunding and co-creation market to provide tailored technological infrastructure and specialized services to those who want to create more effective and transparent financial models.
- GINGER – GINGER is a crowd financing site by Emilia Romagna. It is no longer necessary to ask so much from a few, but from many! GINGER enables individuals, associations, companies, and public administrations to publish their own projects on the platform and to conduct a crowdfunding campaign to finance the brilliant idea.