“Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason” – Mark Twain
“Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason”. Mark Twain. But when we tried to change them in the United States Presidential Election of 2016, they gave us many funny, hilarious, awkward and disgusting moments. We have listed some of them for you.
Funny Moments Of The 2016 US Election
In an obvious allusion to Star Wars, either to please J.J. Abrams, her donor, or to win young voters, Hillary Clinton said cutely good night: “‘May the Force be with you.”
2. Bathroom Moment
3. Nightmare Moments
- “I can assure you I am Hillary Clinton’s worst nightmare.” – Carly Fiorina
- Regarding the length of the debate, Donald Trump replied: “I negotiated it down to two hours so we can get the hell out of here.”
- “I do not want to walk my five grandkids through the charred remains of America.” – Mike Huckabee
4. Outrageous Trump Movements
- Donald Trump buys politicians; he admitted it himself: “When I need something from them two years later, three years later, I call them, they are there for me.” He elaborated, “Well, I’ll tell you what, with Hillary Clinton, I said be at my wedding and she came to my wedding. You know why? She didn’t have a choice because I gave.”
- “Who better to help manage a bankrupt country than, uh, a guy who’s had a bunch of bankruptcies?”
- Rand Paul responded on medicare, “It’s your grandparents’ fault for having too many damn kids.”
5. Same-Sex moments
- Just 3 months before the Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage, Ben Carson declared: “a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight, and when they come out, they’re gay. So, did something happen while they were in there?” However, he immediately apologized and declared that being gay was a choice.
- “Find me a Democrat that is for cutting spending $10, I’ll give them a warm kiss.” – Jeb Bush
- Ted Cruz said to host Carl Quintanilla during the CNBC debate: “I’ll buy you a tequila. Or even some famous Colorado brownies,”
- “They shouldn’t automatically assume that because you believe marriage is between one man and one woman, you’re a homophobe.” – Ben Carson
6. Disgusting Moments
- When Megyn Kelly asked about Trump’s attacks on women during the GOP presidential debate, Donald attacked to her on Twitter and in an interview with CNN: “blood coming out of her eyes; blood coming out of her — wherever.” But in his clarifying reply to CNN’s Jake Tapper, he said that “only a sick person” would make that assumption. “Do you think I’d make a stupid statement like that?”
- Moderator, Megyn Kelly, said: “You’ve called women you don’t like, ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs,’ and ‘disgusting animals,'”
And the Fun Goes On…..
7. Comedians take on the campaign
- Jimmy Fallon on Bernie Sanders: “Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign announced that it raised over $1.5 million in the 24 hours after he announced his bid. Meanwhile, a 12-year-old on Kickstarter just raised $7 million in five minutes after announcing his idea for juice box water guns.”
- Jimmy Fallon on Jeb Bush (aka Veto Corleone): “In a new campaign ad, Jeb Bush referenced ‘The Godfather’ and said his nickname used to be ‘Veto Corleone’ because he vetoed so many bills in Florida. When you’re the third person in your family to run for president, maybe you shouldn’t bring up a movie trilogy where the third one was clearly the worst.”
- Seth Meyers on Donald Trump: “Donald Trump said last night that despite calling Ted Cruz a ‘maniac,’ he has since learned that Cruz has a ‘wonderful temperament.’ And if Donald Trump thinks you have a ‘wonderful temperament,’ you’re probably a maniac. Republican hopeful Rick Perry this week compared Donald Trump to cancer. Which really isn’t fair, because sometimes you can get rid of cancer.”
- Jimmy Kimmel on Jeb Bush: “They did a nationwide survey that found that when voters think of Donald Trump, the most common word that comes to mind is ‘Arrogant.’ When the same voters think of Hillary Clinton, the most common word they use is ‘Liar.’ When they think of Jeb Bush, the first word that comes to mind is ‘Bush.’ Voters don’t even care enough about Jeb Bush to come up with a word to describe him.”
8. Hookers for Hillary!
“The ladies at Dennis Hof’s World Famous Moonlite Bunny Ranch legal brothel in Carson City, Nevada are officially endorsing Hillary Clinton for President of the United States of America.”
9. Waka Flocka Flame for President
Waka’s List of Demands
- Stop all dogs from coming into restaurants.
- Ban anyone with size 13 feet or over from walking in public because I don’t want to see their “big ass feet taking up all the space on the concrete.”
- Require all children to learn all of my lyrics before they graduate or they have to “start all over again from third grade to twelfth.”