While most of the stores are selling pumpkin seeds, it is easy to make it on your own. For that, take a pumpkin and remove seed from its inner pulp. Now wipe them with a paper towel to remove the excess pulp. Spread them evenly on a paper bag and let them run dry for a night. Of course, you can also purchase organic raw pumpkin seeds that are available on the stores. Better way to cook pumpkin seeds is the toasting method. Preparing toasted pumpkin seeds in an oven is very simple. Read the simple recipe given below and know “how to cook pumpkin seeds”.
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 cup
- Cooking pan
- Olive oil or butter – 1 tsp
- Salt, seasoned salt, onion powder, or garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degree Fahrenheit.
- Spread the seeds into single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toss the oil over the seeds with your hand to get evenly coated.
- Roast the seeds for 20 minutes on high for about 7 to 8 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- If you want to add a real flavor, sprinkle with salt and chilly-powder, garlic powder, onion powder, pumpkin pie spice, or Chinese 5-spice powder, after when it is done.
- Allow it to cool before serving.
Enjoy having the great snack! Pumpkin seeds are enriched with vitamins, iron, zinc, magnesium, and phosphorus.
That’s it people! Hope you got to know about “how to cook pumpkin seeds” with this article. Share your thoughts by commenting below.