The error 0x8004010f might appear when you’re trying to send and receive mails in outlook 2013 or 2010. The error message shall be Error 0x8004010f: Outlook data file can’t be accessed or Error 0x8004010f: Operation Failed.
When you encounter such errors then it may be reason of improperly configured profile. To resolve this problem either you can create a new profile or modify the location of the files stored in outlook.
For people who are just starting their profile in outlook could go for the first method and the people who have lost access with their files could go for method 2. However the turnaround might be same in both cases.
Follow these steps in order to change you files to new outlook profile.
Step 1: Locate Your Current Outlook Data File
Before you start moving your files to the new outlook, you should make the file as default on your outlook. To do these follow these steps.
Go To -> Start -> Control Panel
In control panel you may see the Mail option, click Mail(x86) or Mail (x 64).
Click on your current Outlook file and click Properties.
Click Data Files in Mail Setup dialog box.
Then, select the Account Settings in the Data File tab. Then note down or copy the location of the current outlook files and set this file as Default.
Now that your outlook file is set as default and now you may start to create a new outlook and then move the files to the new outlook profile.
Step 2- Create a new outlook Profile
To create a new profile in outlook follows the steps given below.
Watch this video to setup your outlook account
By using the auto account setup create your outlook profile with simple steps, either you can use POP3 or IMAP. Note: If your mail server supports both POP3 and IMAP then by default you account will created with IMAP, in order to create your account POP3 you have to use the manual account creation.
Steps To Create an Outlook Account with Auto Account Setup
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Go to Mail Setup – Outlook Box, click on Show Profiles.
- Go to general tab in the Mail Dialog Box and then click the Add button.
- Now on the New Profile Box, enter the name of your New Profile and enter Ok.
- Then, an Add New Account Box will come up, enter the information appropriate to complete the set up.
- Then click Next.
- Once after your account is configured successfully click on the Finish button.
To step up an outlook account manually for POP3, watch this video for assistance.
So, you have created a new profile with outlook now do as follows to fix the error 0x8004010f.
Step 3: Time to Configure the New Outlook Account as Set Us Default
- Go to Start-> Control Panel.
- Click on the Mail and go to the General tab in the Mail Dialog Box.
- Now select the option, Always Use This Profile.
- Select the drop down under the Always use this profile and select the new profile you have created.
- To complete the setting click on OK.
By this way you can transfer all the files to your new outlook account and now send/receive messages with your new outlook account.
Method 2: To Access the Account with Old Profile and Fix the Error 0x8004010f
Follow these steps if you wish to stick with the old account.
- In the outlook 2010 wizard, go to Files
- And click the Account Settings
- Click the Change Folder Option
- Now click the New Outlook Data File.
- Give a temporary name for the File.
- Then click + on the left side of the folder name and a drop down will expand the sub folders. Select the Inbox and click Ok.
- Now click on the Change Folder
- Then select the Folder you want
- Now click the + on the left side of the folder to expand the sub folders. Choose the Inbox Folder and then click Ok.
- Now close the Account Settings and click the send/receive option.
This method would fix your error 0x8004010f and allows you to manage the sending and receiving of emails through your old account.
Is this solutions fixed the error 0x8004010f, if not comment us with some suggestion to improve our answer.