A child need mother’s protection throughout his or her life, as well as a house, needs the strong roof to protect family from the hard rain, fast wind, furious fire, and in wet snow. More than 50% of the building cost involved in installing the roof at the top. In all the way, a roof shows the completeness of a house. It empowers the beauty, size and value of the house or building.
Since, we all are living the busy life, where there no one got time for maintenance or inspection our house regularly. It would be hectic and broadly affect your budget, when your faulted roof started leaking water. So, it is better to have a scheduled maintenance and repair it on the yearly basis.
Most people want to know how much does a new roof cost. Even if you don’t wish to change the roof to new, but only want refresh the thing a bit, then how much does roof replacement cost? Obviously, it is not going to be a simple answer, when your fat bucks are going play the significant role here. So, let’s be reasonable and assume that this cost I have mentioned below is only an average amount based on current roofing market, so it doesn’t have to be an approximate one.
It’s Time To Change
Preplanning is everything; It will be too late to plan to change your faulted or old roof at winter or flood timings. You don’t want to live in a house where there is no roof to protect. It would just take simple observation skills to find out if your house roof needs a change or replacement. National Roofing Contractor Association (NRCA) suggest that the building owner or the roofing contractors must inspect the building roof at least twice a year. Also, it doesn’t mean that you need to change the whole roof if you found any single scratch on it.
To understand the problem in your roof, here are the top ten signs that will tell you if you really need change the roof.
- Find out if the roof top is sagging, because that would be unsafe for your family.
- Signs like flashing, blistering and algae growth or rotting are means that it is time to act quickly.
- Water leakage is a major problem.
- It is time to think about the re-roofing if you find any dark marks and trails on the roof.
- Because of the improper roof fixing or fewer quality materials, the outside air or light can pass into an inside of the house.
- If any missing shingles or torn parts.
- Excessive volume of shingle granules in the gutter.
- Moisture, mold, bacteria and rot can be a big impact on the roof faultiness.
- Gutters without water free flow or with open drains would lead to algae formation.
- Also, it would be a bigger problem if you had any vent holes in your bathroom, kitchen or dryer. This would affect your floor and spread to the roof too.
Do look for these signs on half yearly basis and make sure it will not grow into a big time headache for you and your family. Try to act quickly if you found the problem is broad, since most of these problems are popularly known issues, and it can be resolved through our tool handling skills.
How Much Does a New Roof Cost?
Smart people think twice before deciding to go for a new roof installment. Since, buying a new roof is a big investment and time requirement is high. Also, depending on your investment the quality of the materials used would differ.
Before we get into the answer for how much does a new roof cost per square foot for a house? We should make it clear about what are all the roof system components that are involved in this whole process,
- Roof covering materials like shingles, tile, slate and underlayment.
- Sheathing materials
- Rafters and trusses for the roof Structure
- Flashing materials to join the roof structures
- Drainage system
Here everything costs as per the quality of the material.
How Do I Choose The Best Roof For My Home?
Cost, durability is the main factors to be considered while choosing a new roof. On next to the line is architectural style and esthetics come under the same category. Depending on the size of the house and the budget, you can go for one of these roof types for your house,
Asphalt Shingle: (107 per Sq.ft – $58 – $130)
This is one of the most preferable roof forms by U.S market. It is made of organic or fiberglass reinforced materials. It is a leading roof type in the current scenario and most preferred by the residents of CA, MA, PA, and Ohio. The roofs are classified into three ranks. Where the class A is high fire resistant roof, B and C are the less fire resistant materials. So, the choice is yours to choose the best,
- Easy to install
- Variety of colors
- Proper fit for most of the residents
- Repairing is easy
- High fire resistant
- Less durability
- Regular maintenance needed
- Environmental friendly